Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username/Email:

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 311
» Latest member: Cwdavies21
» Forum threads: 2,141
» Forum posts: 9,812

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Alexander Henry Inventory
Forum: Black Powder Chat
Last Post: ResearchPress
10 hours ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 11
Wanted Martini Henry/Bree...
Forum: Sales & Wants
Last Post: Gus
Yesterday, 06:28 PM
» Views: 11
Burnett Southampton
Last Post: Feltwad
16-01-2018, 04:12 PM
» Views: 57
Subs
Last Post: admin
15-01-2018, 07:48 PM
» Views: 88
Game shooting the traditi...
Forum: Shotgun
Last Post: Mantonman
14-01-2018, 05:25 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 155
Where to source lead ??
Last Post: cain
08-01-2018, 11:29 PM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 2,244
Legality of 'inert' repro...
Last Post: Vince Green
08-01-2018, 08:42 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 1,013
Help in IDing this longar...
Forum: Musket & Rifle
Last Post: A._Roads
07-01-2018, 03:51 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 225
Original double 20 bore M...
Last Post: Grumpy
06-01-2018, 10:26 PM
» Views: 151
Moulded bullets came out ...
Forum: Musket & Rifle
Last Post: Peter_Gosden
06-01-2018, 06:13 PM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 1,081

Training
Posted by: Briggers - 04-10-2004, 10:02 PM - Forum: Pistol - No Replies

This topic has been moved to [link=http://www.mlagb.com/cgi/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=coaching;action=display;num=1096907516;start=0]Coaching & Training[/link] by Forum Admin.

Print this item

Training
Posted by: Briggers - 04-10-2004, 10:02 PM - Forum: Coaching & Training - No Replies

I am setting up a "squash Ladder" type training program, primarily for the International Team but I don't see any problem with anyone taking part, should they wish to.<br><br>Those taking part will be entered on a list in no particular order, in order to get a higher place on the list you may challenge either of the shooters two places above you, if you win you take their place on the list. The list will be available on the MLAGB website.<br><br>Challenges must take place while you are both on the range together, either at practice sessions or at competitions, if you are challenged you must accept or loose your place, unless there is good reason.<br><br>If you are interested get back to me by e-mail david@mlaic.org<br><br>Briggers

Print this item

Gunsmith advice
Posted by: rugeruser - 04-10-2004, 07:48 PM - Forum: Black Powder Chat - Replies (1)

Hello all<br>Looking for a recommended gunsmith...<br>I have just purchased a second hand Ruger Old Army and am looking forward to entering the muzzle loading fraternity!<br>It is in immaculate condition other than one small problem.<br>When at half cock the cylinder stop beneath the cylinder does not fully retract which prevents the cylinder from turning freely.<br>Obviously this is something which needs to be addressed and I would appreciate advice on where to go as I know there are some gunsmiths that will do as much damage as good.<br>I live in Surrey.<br><br>Many thanks for your help

Print this item

Cleaning
Posted by: al3700 - 04-10-2004, 07:45 PM - Forum: Black Powder Chat - Replies (9)

Hi! I am new to black powder shooting, so new that I am not picking my first revolver up til Thursday.<br><br>What is best to clean with? I have heard that soap and water is best but washing up liquid contains salt so what soap do I use?<br><br>Cheers<br>Al

Print this item

Winter MLAGB Newsletter
Posted by: Kim - 04-10-2004, 12:19 AM - Forum: Black Powder Chat - Replies (1)

By now MLAGB members should have received their Autumn Newsletter, which I trust you are enjoying.  As always I am keen for feedback, either here or via contact details as published in the Newsletter.<br><br>Please note the tight deadline for submissions for the Winter Newsletter, i.e. with me by 18th October.  As ever, if you have ideas for contributions but don't feel able to write the article yourself, let me know.  I may be able to coerce someone into writing it for you!  Big Grin<br><br>Kim

Print this item

Muzzle Loaders International Committee
Posted by: ResearchPress - 03-10-2004, 08:22 PM - Forum: Black Powder Chat - Replies (1)

Anyone interested in the aims and activities of the Muzzle Loaders Associations International Committee (MLAIC) should check out their web site at http://www.mlaic.org<br><br>In addition the MLAIC has an email discussion list at http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/mlaic/. Here you can join in discussion with muzzle loaders world wide.<br><br>David

Print this item

Short Range Championships
Posted by: ResearchPress - 03-10-2004, 08:17 PM - Forum: Events - Replies (5)

I enjoyed the MLAGB Short Range Championship weekend at Wedgnock (25/26 Sept). Always good to meet friends on the range and spend a pleaseant evening in Warwick dining out.<br><br>I'm still curious as to why so few members of the MLAGB seem interested in attending some of the shooting events. Mid and long range shooting appears to be an area of increasing interest, however the short range matches appear to be waning somewhat to me.<br><br>Any thoughts on what can be done to generate more interest? Even the Pedersoli Challenge where there were two rifles offered as prizes by the event sponsor didn't seem to draw out a great entry.<br><br>David

Print this item

Target Sports & Classic Arms Magazines
Posted by: ResearchPress - 03-10-2004, 08:08 PM - Forum: Books & Ephemera - Replies (3)

I see Target Sports magazine has now been relaunched and redesigned following the change in publisher. Articles seem a bit shorter to me, and I hope this does not lead to a lack of detail in some reports. The October issue includes a report (edited a little from my original submission) on the MLAGB's 'Pedersoli Challenge', plus the usual MLAGB newsletter page.<br><br>The same publishers now own Classic Arms magazine. I still can't establish what the future of this magazine is. I hope we don't see its demise as there doesn't seem to be anything else about that covers the same field.<br><br>Does anyone know of any UK magazines covering arms, armour and military subjects?<br><br>David

Print this item

New MLAGB Forum
Posted by: admin - 03-10-2004, 08:00 PM - Forum: Black Powder Chat - Replies (7)

Welcome to the new MLAGB discussion forum. I trust both members of the MLAGB and muzzle loaders world wide will enjoy contributing.<br><br>There are many forums covering muzzle loading and black powder shooting sports, so I suspect there will be a slow growth of membership here. Do please check in on a regular basis though and contribute where you can.<br><br>David<br><br>MLAGB Web Site Manager

Print this item