Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 326
» Latest member: Wrench
» Forum threads: 2,160
» Forum posts: 9,882

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
More government interfere...
Forum: Black Powder Chat
Last Post: Franco
Yesterday, 01:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 19
Forum: Pistol
Last Post: Franco
Yesterday, 01:03 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 199
UK rifle sights anyone?
Last Post: Greenswylde
23-03-2018, 10:37 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 167
Wanted Martini Henry/Bree...
Forum: Sales & Wants
Last Post: cain
22-03-2018, 12:23 AM
» Replies: 12
» Views: 689
Another "Moore"
Forum: Shotgun
Last Post: Robin_G_Hewitt
21-03-2018, 12:07 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 93
Legality of 'inert' repro...
Last Post: Vince Green
19-03-2018, 10:01 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 1,733
WANTED Remington 1958 Buf...
Forum: Sales & Wants
Last Post: ayoshak
15-03-2018, 01:30 PM
» Views: 46
2018 Entry Forms
Forum: Events
Last Post: admin
14-03-2018, 07:04 PM
» Views: 80
Last Post: jimhallam
11-03-2018, 01:27 PM
» Views: 52
Last Post: jimhallam
11-03-2018, 01:00 PM
» Views: 31

Posted by: al3700 - 04-10-2004, 07:45 PM - Forum: Black Powder Chat - Replies (9)

Hi! I am new to black powder shooting, so new that I am not picking my first revolver up til Thursday.<br><br>What is best to clean with? I have heard that soap and water is best but washing up liquid contains salt so what soap do I use?<br><br>Cheers<br>Al

Print this item

Winter MLAGB Newsletter
Posted by: Kim - 04-10-2004, 12:19 AM - Forum: Black Powder Chat - Replies (1)

By now MLAGB members should have received their Autumn Newsletter, which I trust you are enjoying.  As always I am keen for feedback, either here or via contact details as published in the Newsletter.<br><br>Please note the tight deadline for submissions for the Winter Newsletter, i.e. with me by 18th October.  As ever, if you have ideas for contributions but don't feel able to write the article yourself, let me know.  I may be able to coerce someone into writing it for you!  Big Grin<br><br>Kim

Print this item

Muzzle Loaders International Committee
Posted by: ResearchPress - 03-10-2004, 08:22 PM - Forum: Black Powder Chat - Replies (1)

Anyone interested in the aims and activities of the Muzzle Loaders Associations International Committee (MLAIC) should check out their web site at http://www.mlaic.org<br><br>In addition the MLAIC has an email discussion list at http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/mlaic/. Here you can join in discussion with muzzle loaders world wide.<br><br>David

Print this item

Short Range Championships
Posted by: ResearchPress - 03-10-2004, 08:17 PM - Forum: Events - Replies (5)

I enjoyed the MLAGB Short Range Championship weekend at Wedgnock (25/26 Sept). Always good to meet friends on the range and spend a pleaseant evening in Warwick dining out.<br><br>I'm still curious as to why so few members of the MLAGB seem interested in attending some of the shooting events. Mid and long range shooting appears to be an area of increasing interest, however the short range matches appear to be waning somewhat to me.<br><br>Any thoughts on what can be done to generate more interest? Even the Pedersoli Challenge where there were two rifles offered as prizes by the event sponsor didn't seem to draw out a great entry.<br><br>David

Print this item

Target Sports & Classic Arms Magazines
Posted by: ResearchPress - 03-10-2004, 08:08 PM - Forum: Books & Ephemera - Replies (3)

I see Target Sports magazine has now been relaunched and redesigned following the change in publisher. Articles seem a bit shorter to me, and I hope this does not lead to a lack of detail in some reports. The October issue includes a report (edited a little from my original submission) on the MLAGB's 'Pedersoli Challenge', plus the usual MLAGB newsletter page.<br><br>The same publishers now own Classic Arms magazine. I still can't establish what the future of this magazine is. I hope we don't see its demise as there doesn't seem to be anything else about that covers the same field.<br><br>Does anyone know of any UK magazines covering arms, armour and military subjects?<br><br>David

Print this item

New MLAGB Forum
Posted by: admin - 03-10-2004, 08:00 PM - Forum: Black Powder Chat - Replies (7)

Welcome to the new MLAGB discussion forum. I trust both members of the MLAGB and muzzle loaders world wide will enjoy contributing.<br><br>There are many forums covering muzzle loading and black powder shooting sports, so I suspect there will be a slow growth of membership here. Do please check in on a regular basis though and contribute where you can.<br><br>David<br><br>MLAGB Web Site Manager

Print this item