Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gun Repairers
Thanks Feltwad, for your info on the gun. The only markings on the barrel, other than the name etc on the top, are by the new breech.
Do you think the W with the mis-stamp and star above is for William Brander?
[Image: DSCF7449_zpsdfa8uava.jpg]
The CP below the crown is the early proof house stamp for foreign barrels ,the M or W  below the star I have not seen that be fore it could be the barrel makers stamp .
Feltwad
I put some photos of this gun on the U.S Traditional Muzzleloading Forum and they seem to have got it sussed. If you can take a look, let me know what you think of what they have to say, please.
Quote:I put some photos of this gun on the U.S Traditional Muzzleloading Forum and they seem to have got it sussed. If you can take a look, let me know what you think of what they have to say, please.
Been a member of that organisation for many years looked for your thread but could not find it
Feltwad
It's under English 73" Wildfowler in 'Smoothbore'
Still cannot find it , must be looking on different webpage with the same name.
Feltwad
http://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/fusion...id/304009/

Its accessible via this link above Gordon.

All the best

James.
Quote:Still cannot find it , must be looking on different webpage with the same name.
Feltwad

I think you may have been looking at Traditional Muzzleloading  Association, not Forum?
Managed to find the webpage of Muzzle Loaders Forum for the comments on your enquiry are almost the same has I Quoted .
Feltwad