Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which mainspring please
Hello and thanks for your advice.   I have a MkII** Snider Enfield Naval (1862) short rifle 5 groove.  I need a replacement mainspring.  Which models e.g. P53, P58, etc mainsprings will fit this model and will reproductions from say Pedersoli probably fit?  
Many thanks, K.W.

The external dimensions of the spring are  78mm, that's outside the bend of the spring to the outside of the hook i.e. the maximum length of the long part of the spring alone.  The short side external dimensions are 60mm (well 59.44).

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Peter Dyson Gunsmiths in the UK may have them......snider and enfield bits n bobs
Marcus, Think ALL the P53 & P58 Main springs are the same if they were made to the original patterns and jigs. Repros should be the same.
There is a chap advertises on the inside back page of Black Powder who seems to make springs to order. Take care, OLD DOG.
DEVA
KieranW, Sorry sent this to the wrong address. I think all P53 & P58 main springs are the same if they were made to the original patterns and jigs. Ropros should be the same. There is a chap advertises on the inside back page of Black Powder who semms to make springs to order. OLD DOG.
DEVA
(04-08-2017, 01:29 PM)Many thanks, Greenswylde Wrote: Mr Dyson does not have any and I don't think Blakckley's do either.  I've just had a note back from Kranks saying they are on back order....search continues.
Thanks again.

KieranW, Sorry sent this to the wrong address. I think all P53 & P58 main springs are the same if they were made to the original patterns and jigs. Ropros should be the same. There is a chap advertises on the inside back page of Black Powder who semms to make springs to order. OLD DOG.