Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Artillery Cannon Wheels Wanted.
Hi All
I have had a Ardesa 'Old Ironsides' Ships Cannon for about 3 months now and have had plenty of fun with it.  I would like to shoot it in Artillery Competitions but need to change the carriage.  I can source all the bits I need to make the carriage but can't find suitable wheels and don't fancy the time involved making a set.  Does anyone know of a source of Artillery style spoked wheels, preferably cast steel/aluminium and approx 200mm diameter?  All replies answered.  Cheers!
Hello John,
Dixie Gunworks have pairs of 7" cast aluminium artillery wheels for $37-95,just got to ship them and pay some duty !!!
Quote:Hello John,
Dixie Gunworks have pairs of 7" cast aluminium artillery wheels for $37-95,just got to ship them and pay some duty !!!

Took your advice and ordered a set from the US.  They arrived today along with a couple of other small items.  Upside is I didn't get clobbered for duty!  The wheels are 'good' but will need some cleaning up.  The downside is that the axle holes are bored well off-centre and will need some careful 'fettling' to get them concentric.  All-in-all they seem sturdy enough to cope with a .69 cal barrel and a beefed-up artillery carriage.  I will take a couple of pictures and post them over the week-end.