This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information (if you are registered), and your last visit (if you are not registered). Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

Once set, you will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username/Email:

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 344
» Latest member: Haro
» Forum threads: 2,179
» Forum posts: 9,957

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Swiss OB Issues
Forum: Black Powder Chat
Last Post: Mantonman
17-06-2018, 08:54 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 169
Pedersoli Mortimer Percus...
Forum: Sales & Wants
Last Post: Blind_Pugh
15-06-2018, 11:08 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 206
An oft' repeated query?
Forum: Events
Last Post: Blind_Pugh
11-06-2018, 09:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 59
Scottish Muzzle Loading C...
Forum: Shotgun
Last Post: martin_crix
10-06-2018, 07:04 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 67
WANTED: kit for .577 Enfi...
Last Post: HGreenoEsq
07-06-2018, 11:31 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 101
Pedersoli serial numbers
Last Post: ebhvet
05-06-2018, 01:46 PM
» Views: 58
Use of powder flasks on a...
Last Post: Northerner
03-06-2018, 03:00 PM
» Views: 130
2018 MLAGB National Clay ...
Forum: Shotgun
Last Post: Feltwad
02-06-2018, 08:29 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 1,989
Presentation and My Peder...
Forum: Musket & Rifle
Last Post: Saltner
29-05-2018, 10:46 AM
» Replies: 24
» Views: 17,628
WANTED: PH Enfield 2 Band...
Last Post: johngardener
26-05-2018, 05:46 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 417

Return of An Old Friend
Posted by: Southron - 16-10-2004, 08:20 AM - Forum: Musket & Rifle - Replies (1)

Back in 1988 I had a Parker-Hale 1858 Naval Rifle that was literally stolen from me by my then, soon to be, ex-wife. The rifle was a sort of P-H "Hybrid" as I had replaced the P-H lock with an Euroarms L.A. Co lock after the P-H lockplate craked in 1978.<br><br>Anyway, by last year, the ex had  had "mellowed" somewhat and to clear her conscience, she returned the Naval Rifle to me. <br><br>When I examined the returned rifle, it was in sad shape. the barrel and lock were covered with a coat of rust, the stock was covered with dust, dirt and grime. Worst of all-the barrel had rusted and developed some light pitting.<br><br>Apparantly, the rifle had spent a decade and a half sitting in the corner of a garage somewhere. So I cleaned the rifle up, but because of the pitting decided that I would not use it in N-SSA competition. Matter of fact, I didn't even bother to shoot it-just put it up in "retirement."<br><br>Well, last week, I cleaned the rifle again and decided I might as well shoot it. I had some musket ammo (44.3 Grains of Goex FFFg and the Hodgdon Bullet) left over from the Fall Nationals at Fort Shenandoah-so I benched the P-H.<br><br>My first 5 shot group at 50 yards 'Off The Bench' had to be a "FLUKE" (I thought) because the bullets were grouped in one ragged hole in the target!<br><br>A few more 5 shot groups, and the P-H just kept shooting them into "One Hole Groups." BOY! Was I pleased! By then I was really astounded at the grouping ability of the P-H!<br><br>Back at 100 yards, the story is just about the same, although the groups have opened up somewhat. Best of all, the P-H is already "sighted in" perfectly so far as my "Windage" is concerend. <br><br>So I have suddenly retired my Richmond from Skirmishing and re-enlisted my "Old Friend," the P-H Naval Rifle!<br><br>Oh Yes, I am also re-married to a woman that is MUCH younger than the ex, much prettier, and a "Sweetheart" that helps me make ammo for Skrmishing.<br><br>What more could one ask for? Life Is Good!

Print this item

Gosh it\'s back
Posted by: Robin_G_Hewitt - 11-10-2004, 07:15 PM - Forum: Black Powder Chat - No Replies

I thought MLAGB chat had been cancelled, visited the mlagb site to find the H&S fax number for an RCA doc (020 771 76690) and here you all are ;D<br><br>Ever hopeful, what do you make of my yesterday's ebay purchase? Described as 21" barrel weighing over 30kg, imported from Spain about 40 years ago, has been "made safe".<br><br>Did the Spaniards make tourist tat cannon or could it be real? :o<br><br>Robin G Hewitt<br><br>[Image: e-cannon.jpg]

Print this item

Creedmoor and the International Matches
Posted by: ResearchPress - 11-10-2004, 03:02 AM - Forum: Black Powder Chat - No Replies

I have added a new reference section to my web site covering Creedmoor and the International Matches. The origins of the range are discussed, as are the international matches of 1874-1883, together with the marksmen involved being identified. Go to:<br><br>www.researchpress.co.uk/targets/creedmoor/index.htm <br> <br>The intent is to expand the marksmen's details to include biographic sketches of as many as possible. I have a lot of information to add, but am always seeking new data. If anyone can help with information on the riflemen then please get in touch. <br> <br>Thanks, <br> <br>David

Print this item

Target Pistol
Posted by: Franco - 09-10-2004, 03:01 AM - Forum: Pistol - Replies (2)

I have recently acquired a target pistol made by Auguste Francotte of Liege.  It looks to be of good quality.   Undecided<br><br>Can anyone tell me more about the maker?  <br><br>Franco

Print this item

Rogers and Spencer revolver for sale
Posted by: Franco - 09-10-2004, 02:07 AM - Forum: Sales & Wants - No Replies

I have for sale a Euroarms .44 Rogers and Spencer .44 revolver with a Lothar Walther Barrel.  I have won national competitions with this pistol.  Excellent value at £250.  <br><br>Contact hege99uk@yahoo.co.uk<br><br><br>Franco

Print this item

WANTED BY COLLECTOR GUN TOOLS & ACCESSORIES
Posted by: blackpowderman - 06-10-2004, 11:43 PM - Forum: Sales & Wants - No Replies

[glb]WANTED BY COLLECTOR TOP QUALITY GUN TOOLS & ACCESSORIES[/glb]
<br><br>
:o :o 8) :Smile :Smile
<br><br>
WANTED ALL TYPES OF TOP QUALITY  GUN TOOLS & ACCESSORIES POWDER FLASKS, SHOT FLASKS, POWDER & SHOT MESURES, NIPPLE KEYS, TURN SCREWS, GAME COUNTERS, CAP DISPENCERS, NIPPLE PRIMERS, ROLL TURNOVER MACHINES,  RE & DE CAPPERS, GOOD PINFIRE TOOLS, ECT, I WILL PAY TOP PRICES FOR VERY GOOD RIFLE FLASKS & BIG BORE RE LOADING TOOLS.
<br><br>[Image: forsyth%20lock.jpg][Image: john%20whitehouse%20two.jpg][Image: forsyth%20lock.jpg]

Print this item

Our Association and the future
Posted by: garethcallan - 06-10-2004, 08:03 AM - Forum: Black Powder Chat - Replies (1)

Hi<br><br>Some of you might remember me from ten years ago, and some of you have met me this year at Bisley and Wedgenock, a little greyer and a little less acruate than I used to be.<br><br>After ten years away, I have had such a wonderful warm welcome back into a thriving shooting comunity - the MLAGB. <br><br>People like Alan W, Dave and Kim, KP Mick Brown, Andy Russel and Paul Roberts (who very kindly shot 1 ten less than me at Wedgnock, deliberatly to welcome me back I am sure Smile thanks Paul!!) proove that our association is as strong as ever, and the shooting standard is strong.<br><br>We have the finest range complex in britain, and one of the best in the world at Wedgenock. We have a great club house at Bisley, and a tradition on Stickledown that stretches back over a hundred years.<br><br>We have people like Gerry Weir and Dave Brigden, not to mention the Tanners who help me out and make me and anyone welcome.<br><br>Lots of other people too, some of whom I had a drink with!<br><br>We have hundreds of great people that make up our association, and it is my pleasure and honour to be among you again.<br><br>The future of the MLAGB is assured, and what we have right now, we can be very proud of indeed.<br><br>See you in May at Bisley.<br><br>Gareth.

Print this item

Bismuth
Posted by: Oyvind - 05-10-2004, 06:41 PM - Forum: Shotgun - Replies (1)

Lead shot is banned starting January 1st 2005 here in Norway. I have made my own lead shot up to this date, and I thought I’d try making some bismuth shot too. I have had much difficulty trying to obtain “raw” bismuth to make shot of. Can anyone tell me where I can find that stuff? Factory made bismuth is incredibly expensive here and steel is out of the question in my old shotguns.  <br> <br>Øyvind

Print this item

Classified Adverts - Rules on Posting
Posted by: admin - 05-10-2004, 02:58 PM - Forum: Sales & Wants - No Replies

This forum is for private classified adverts only. No commercial posting is permitted. Advertising of ammunition and shooters powders (including both black powder and smokeless powder) is not permitted. The MLAGB reserves the right to delete any messages posted.

Advertisements are accepted in good faith, but the MLAGB takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any statements made by the advertiser.

Do not include private addresses within postings. Carry out all negotiations with regards to purchases in private communication, i.e. not on this public forum.

Firearms (Amendment) Act 1997 - Mail Order

Advertisers and readers are reminded that within the UK there is a ban on the mail order of certain categories of firearms and related materials, such as expanding bullets and ammunition. In essence, these categories of material can only be transferred purchased or sold on a "face to face" basis. Please refer to the Firearms Department of your local police headquarters if doubts exist regarding the eligibility of any particular item.

Print this item

Wanted.
Posted by: p53enfield - 05-10-2004, 05:34 AM - Forum: Accoutrements & Accessories - No Replies

This topic has been moved to [link=http://www.mlagb.com/cgi/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=sales;action=display;num=1096956003;start=0]Sales & Wants[/link] by Forum Admin.

Print this item