This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information (if you are registered), and your last visit (if you are not registered). Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

Once set, you will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beamont Adams repair?
This is useful.
I find that there is little or no pressure from spring P and whilst in single action the upper sear will usually engage the half cock bent, it will only engage at full cock if I push the sear down with a screwdriver.
Double action works approx 25% of the time. Wear appears minimal.
I'm not sure about the long sear.
I think your suspicion that springs lie at the root of the problem chimes with my thoughts.

I've found a chap who used to work for a famous Edinburgh gunsmith who likes good quality M/Ls and who's only 35 miles away so I hope the problem should be rectified soon.

I'll post further details when I have them. Will also post a pic.
The avatar, by the way, is a 90 bore Webley solid frame from my small collection.

Messages In This Thread
Beamont Adams repair? - by NippleKey - 30-10-2017, 03:50 PM
RE: Beamont Adams repair? - by shootdown1 - 01-11-2017, 02:50 AM
RE: Beamont Adams repair? - by NippleKey - 08-11-2017, 01:41 PM
RE: Beamont Adams repair? - by shootdown1 - 08-11-2017, 10:23 PM
RE: Beamont Adams repair? - by NippleKey - 09-11-2017, 04:25 PM
RE: Beamont Adams repair? - by NippleKey - 26-04-2018, 10:42 PM