This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information (if you are registered), and your last visit (if you are not registered). Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

Once set, you will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christmas Blunderbuss
Merry Christmas to all; I thought I'd post a photo of my Blunderbuss for no better reason that I thought some of you might like to have a look! ;D[Image: DSCF6914_zpsr4abdc80.jpg]
Excellent idea, Christmassy blunderbusses  :o

[Image: bb1.jpg]
Very nice to you both and to all members have a good xmas and a happy new year , always keep your powder dry.
Feltwad
Has anyone else noticed how a blunderbuss always makes people smile.
Quote:Has anyone else noticed how a blunderbuss always makes people smile.
What I have noticed they can kick like a mule .
Feltwad
PLEASE, PLEASE,PLEASE - Do not ever Shoot BRASS BARRELED BLUNDER BUSSES or PISTOLS. Brass ages into a Chrystalign Structure as ALFA brass.LARGE Chunks with no bond which can stand no very little separation pressure'BOOM-- FRAGMENTACION GRENADE..
Happy Chrumblemas and a Goodbox for the New Year.That means Cannons too unless they are TRUE BRONZE..
BEST WISHES ,OLD DOG..
DEVA
I think someone needs a blunderbuss  :-?
Thank you Robin. I do NOT need a Brass Barrelled BLUNDERBUS.. I have worked with Copper / Zinc alloys all my working life and know what happens with aging. Most barrel would have been cast on the cheap from say 62/38% copper zinc. Good ones may be  70/30 % copper zinc. Best ones 70/20 with 10% tin ( This is getting near to BRONZE).If you can tell by looking O.K. but I would go to the nearest Brass founder and ask him to anneal your barrel at low temperature for a good period..  OLD DOG --(New Hip--py)
DEVA
It has been proofed :'(

[Image: bb2.jpg]
Dear Robin, Those proof marks are Victorian..Please send your barrel either to London or Birmingham houses before you continue to shoot tit.. OLD DOG.
DEVA