This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information (if you are registered), and your last visit (if you are not registered). Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

Once set, you will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Presentation and My Pedersoli Gibbs .45 six shots at 100 meters
Some tests done because desperation in finding a compromise to shoot the PP that are somewhat mangy
6 shoots at 110 yards with the best damn flyer
[Image: 2rfbwk5.jpg]

Could be good but finished powder, however, from the previous not having lubricated the patch barrel is dirty more
[Image: 34698c3.jpg]

An alternative to the use 1,5F 2F which has performed remarkably well
Note that although the particle size is different, there is practically no difference in speed
[Image: 303iznr.jpg]

Decreasing the dose widens
[Image: 154ww39.jpg]

Conclusion: I stubbornly use boots on 65-70 max 80 but I found that for PP it takes so GASSSSSSSSS
After a year of pause i made other experiments.
This resulted in 110 yards of slightly lubricated paper with shoe fat
[Image: image-20170509165708-D1A1_5911DD9B.jpg]
Hello everyone,
This weekend I participated in a wine race in my country and I tested 100 and 200 meters with my Gibbs.
At 100 meters after two shots I realize I have four and at that moment I hear the bang on my left and pierce my target.
Here I got very angry and screamed at the competitor who was firing at my target, he had also shot badly, one low and two high   Angry
I continued with my session, the shots went slightly to the left (I did not understand why, the last time at the shooting range all went in the center) I did not touch the drift to the diopter.
Convinced of having to shoot 15 shots like 200 meters, they took me two 10.
That Saturday I was 1st, but on Sunday I relegated to 2nd place.
[Image: ejd83q.jpg]

Then I made the series to 200, after a first shot at 12 o'clock on the edge of the black, I started to turn around 9 and a few 8, wow, the 9 today was my passion   Tongue
And here I was 1st and won the race  :grin:
[Image: 2j316pl.jpg]

Then with the tickling of the index finger but with the doubts of all competitors on the feasibility, even shoot at 500 meters, the first two shots I did not see them and I thought they were at the foot of the shape on the ground, corrected the rise and I made 2 more , I imagined, perhaps for the enthusiasm to see one at 10 o'clock and no longer touched the diopter.
Shoot and shoot .... but honestly the holes were not even seen with a 60x zeiss.
But when the sign arrived I was satisfied more than the previous results.
[Image: 2ni6z3n.jpg]
Congratulations on your competition shooting.

500 yards has good vertical spread; looks like wind may have been widening the group. The Gibbs is good for distances a lot further than 500 yards (we shoot them in the UK out to 1200 yards) - hopefully you will get more opportunity for long range shooting; it sounds like you enjoyed it.

David
Research Press - www.researchpress.co.ukwww.facebook.com/ResearchPress
Firearms, long range target shooting and associated history
I am very satisfied, it is the first time I shoot 500 meters (550 yards)
I have seen that the vertical dispersion is very limited, while the horizontal dispersion is certainly the fault of the wind.