This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information (if you are registered), and your last visit (if you are not registered). Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

Once set, you will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
120 adams bullet
I am hoping someone can spare a bullet, cast from in original 120 bore Adams / Beaumont Adams mould ( I believe the base is .35)
I am planning to have a new mould made to cast original style bullets
ADAMS (M1851)  and Beaumont-Adams moulds are VERY different.  Thje M1851 has a "tail" and a wad is attached to the bullet ...   not very efficient, which is why som many M1851s have had a rammer added to (in effect) swage a larger ball in the charge hole.   Most (but not all!) otherr / later British revolvers used a bullet with a slightly rebated base and a lube groove.  (Remember that most British revolvers had tapered charge holes).
Which do you want? 

120bore is nominally .32calibre and 80bore is nominally .38.

Casting from an original (bronze) mould gives some VERY variable diameters, according to temperature and also the bullet metal.

Presumably you want the heavier bullet rather than the balls which most people use?
I had an aluminum  mould made by Accurate Molds in the USA .The bullets are about 90 granes, the same weight as a 120 Adams cartridge bullet. I have fired about 20 shots at 25 yds and am getting much better results with the bullets than I was getting with balls.