This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information (if you are registered), and your last visit (if you are not registered). Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

Once set, you will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Indroduction and question ?
Hi all,

Just joined up and thought I'd introduce myself.  I have been shooting on and off since I was a pre-teen But have only started again last year , after my 50th birthday .  
Recently we have seen an uptake in black powder shooting at the club I'm a member of. There has always been a few bp revolver shooters but in the past 6 months a lot of people have been buying and shooting in-line muzzle loaders, the most common has been the Ruger 77/50.  
Having shot the rifle myself a number of times I decided to apply for my own fac so I can buy my own.

Now that I have received my fac with a .50 cal muzzle loader on it , I am now struggling to find a rifle that won't break the bank.  Other guys were able to pick up nearly new or extremely good condition rifles for under £300.  The only Ruger 77/50 I have managed to find is selling at over £500 ?

Can anyone recommend an in-line rifle that I could look at that is under £400 ?

Many thanks

Diz
Ardessa do a range of in-lines tween £400-£500, Krankies purport to have them.

I suspect that the prices your colleagues paid were pre exchange rate re-alignment. £400-£500 for new gun of any type is cheap nowadays.
Has a traditionalist Why an inline ?
Feltwad
Fashion? new? can take a scope?!?!?! likes the look of them? who knows? I've shot in-lines and they are indeed fine guns but as they are trying to make muzzle loading as close to cartridge shooting as they can for the hunting seasons in the US they definitely don't float my boat, but as they say it takes all kinds.
I have taken a bit of a u-turn ?
After chatting with club members I have decided to look for either an Enfield 2 band, preferably not a musketoon. Hopefully with a Parker Hale barrel, with the fast twist.
Or Thompson Renegade or Hawken. Have shot both of these this past week. Unfortunately neither were for sale lol.
Now if only I could improve my eyesight ? Currently using my reading specs so the rear and fore sight are in focus, and relying on my pistol skills ( little that they are ) to hit the target ?
Good for you , we  will make you a traditionalist yet 
Feltwad
I have taken a bit of a u-turn ?
After chatting with club members I have decided to look for either an Enfield 2 band, preferably not a musketoon. Hopefully with a Parker Hale barrel, with the fast twist.
Or Thompson Renegade or Hawken. Have shot both of these this past week. Might need