This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information (if you are registered), and your last visit (if you are not registered). Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

Once set, you will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wanted Martini Henry/Breechloader
Does anyone have a .577-450 Martini Henry rifle collecting dust in the gun safe looking for a new home ?
Condition is more important as I will eventually putting this on my FAC so a good bore is essential.
I could be persuaded into a different Breech loader but not a Snider or Springfield Trapdoor (Lovely rifles just not for me)

If you do having something of interest please call me (Ian) on 01375 400567 or 07487 822388
or email guswalker@blueyonder.co.uk
Many thanks
Gus

Please can I copy & paste your post as I'm thinking the same thing?
Valmont Arms (Daniel?) has a stock of them but wants £850 to £1K for them too much money for me??
good luck with your hunt
Hello Bigizzman,
I’ve not found anything yet but once I have if there’s anything else I think you might be interested in I’ll pass the details along to you.
Best Regards,
Gus
Try here:
https://www.worldwidearms.com/
I bought nice Martini Henry mk IV from them. Shoots perfectly, the barrel is great.
Army1860, Remington1858, Colt Dragoon, 1857 Wurttembergischen - Mauser, Roger&Spencer 44, Sharps Sporting .54, Artax Rigby .451 and many more
Big Grin 
(10-03-2018, 12:14 PM)Rafal Wrote: Try here:
I bought nice Martini Henry mk IV from them. Shoots perfectly, the barrel is great.

Cheers Gus, Smile

Any idea if they will be at the Northern shooting show?
(12-03-2018, 09:15 AM)bigizzman Wrote:

Cheers Gus, Smile

Hello,
It wasn’t me who kindly posted worldwidearms it was Rafal,I did have a look at their site as something else caught my eye and they do have a list of shows under “exhibitions” so hopefully there’s one in your neck of the woods
Regards,
Gus
(13-03-2018, 02:09 PM)Gus Wrote:
(12-03-2018, 09:15 AM)bigizzman Wrote:

Cheers Gus, Smile

Hello,
It wasn’t me who kindly posted worldwidearms it was Rafal,I did have a look at their site as something else caught my eye and they do have a list of shows under “exhibitions” so hopefully there’s one in your neck of the woods
Regards,
Gus

Cheers to both of you Big Grin
(20-01-2018, 06:28 PM)Gus Wrote: Does anyone have a .577-450 Martini Henry rifle collecting dust in the gun safe looking for a new home ?
Condition is more important as I will eventually putting this on my FAC so a good bore is essential.
I could be persuaded into a different Breech loader but not a Snider or Springfield Trapdoor (Lovely rifles just not for me)

If you do having something of interest please call me (Ian) on 01375 400567 or 07487 822388
or email guswalker@blueyonder.co.uk
Many thanks

Hi Gus

Have you had a look at the Auction Sites, I think Holts have a few listed in their upcoming auction.  Might be worth a look?
Hello B.P.
I hope your keeping well.

Thanks for the info,I’ll keep these in mind,I’ve found a couple of private sales both very close to me and will be going to have a look this weekend,snow allowing !!

Best Regards,
Gus
Cheap can be the dearest option. Bore quality is everything because with paper patched bullets they do actually wear the barrels out. The trouble is worn bores can be beautifully shiny because the powder residue is abrasive.
Greased, lubed bullets extend barrel life considerably over paper patched but very few military barrels saw much use. Something which has been in storage for over 100 years in some Indian arsenal is probably the safest, if not the cheapest option.