This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information (if you are registered), and your last visit (if you are not registered). Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

Once set, you will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PEDERSOLI QUEEN ANNE - HELP AND ADVICE PLEASE
First of all, as a new member, hello to all.

Secondly, does anyone have experience of the Pedersoli Queen Anne pistol? I have only recently acquired this and am having problems getting charge to ignite. With a blank charge it ignites every time, but with a ball and patch loaded - nothing.

Pedersoli state that this is .50, and so recommend a .490 ball and 0.010 patch. Trying to load with this ball/patch is, to say the least a struggle. Loading is far from smooth, and impossible to control passage of ball and patch because so tight. Suspect end result is a compacted powder load. On Friday at the range, it took two of us to manage to extract a ball.

I have just read on another forum where someone posted to the effect, that having measured the bore, he got a reading of .492 not .50 and, as he rightly remarks, there is no way that a .490 ball with a 0.010 patch is going to go down.

Can anyone help or throw light please?
"On n'est jamais servi si bien que par soi-même"

Charles-Guillaume Étienne
(26-02-2018, 04:05 PM)ROWLEY JACK Wrote: "On n'est jamais servi si bien que par soi-même"

Well, in no way do I qualify as an expert, but until a helpful one comes along I can offer some suggestions on the lines of "this is what I would try".
Firstly, get a micrometer and check that the balls really are .490. It's not unknown for them to be mislabelled.
Secondly, try using a .005 patch. That might make enough difference.
Thirdly, try using a lubricated naked ball.
Fourthly, see if you can get a suitably smaller ball. The next size down commonly available, as far as I can see (might be wrong) is .462, which is really too big  a jump down, but with a .015 patch it should fire, and you will get an idea of what's going on.
There is something you can do, I am told, to shave a thou or two off ball diameter, though I have never tried it. Put some balls in a tumbler with sharp sand. Keep checking the diameter with a micrometer. If you try this and it works, let me know!
Sorry, no quick answer, but I hope this helps.
Evelyn
(28-02-2018, 03:40 AM)ebhvet Wrote:
(26-02-2018, 04:05 PM)ROWLEY JACK Wrote: "On n'est jamais servi si bien que par soi-même"

First of all, thank you for taking the trouble to reply to my request - it is appreciated.

I have managed to source .005 patches though with difficulty; it seems that few people make or market them now. Have also managed to source .480 ball made by Hornady but, again with difficulty; no-one in the UK stocks them so have had to get them from a dealer in Germany. As you rightly remark, the next size down that can be acquired in this country is .462.

Don't have access to a micrometer but will try to find someone who has one.

Again, my thanks. Will let you know how things develop.

Lee