This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information (if you are registered), and your last visit (if you are not registered). Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

Once set, you will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just introducing myself. I have my FAC and SGC and recently joined a rifle club. I met a couple of chaps at therange,shooting BP revolvers. This has got me thinking about about applying for a variation for a BP revolver. I have checked with the club and no problem about me shooting BP there.
Im going to get a mentor,as required by the club,and want to get started asap. 
What would be a good revolver to start with,regarding calibre make etc ?
I did have the chance to shoot one of the members pistol,a .44 calibre and really enjoyed it. Would that be a suitable calibre for me to start with and what should i put on the variation request?
Many thanks in advance.
Hi Flyeruk , Welcome to the wonderful, frustrating world of Black Powder Shooting . If you are planning on a revolver then I would suggest one of the Remington clones as they are much stronger and more reliable than others. They also range in price from the £50 clunker to the £600 precision type , it really depends how deep you wish to delve in the beginning and don't forget , once you've mastered the basics , the clunker can be sold on to the next newbie and allow you to buy a better model. I'm sure your fellow club members give you loads of advice .
As for your FAC then it's just referred to as a Black Powder percussion revolver.
Enjoy !
Welcome Flyeruk, A Remington is probably the best choice for a revolver. However, do consider a single shot percussion pistol. They are all based on original target pistols and much, much, much quicker and easier to clean.
Franco