This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information (if you are registered), and your last visit (if you are not registered). Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

Once set, you will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starting to shoot pistol.
Hi one and all.

Well after a year of shooting my m/l rifle (.54 cal Hawken) and thoroughly enjoying it. Having tried a few friends pistol , have decided to take the plunge and get my own. The variation went in and I have been looking for my first purchase. ?
I have kind of made my mind up to go for .36 cal, preferably single shot (not totally ruled out revolvers but almost ) , percussion.
Have short listed the Pedersoli Mortimer, Pedersoli Le Page and the Jim Greathead underhammer.
Typically, now that I am able to buy (fingers crossed), the availability is starting to dry up , online anyway (or so it seems ?)
If anyone has or knows of any of these for sale ,at a reasonable price. definitely can’t afford new prices, being disabled on a pension kind of limits my funds (as well as hiding it from my wife lol )

Cheers
I have a mint Pedersoli Le Page, with a Lee double cavity mould for sale at £325, but it is in .45 calibre.
Fred
Great news, put in my variation, got it back 3 days later,
Bad news, I’d put in for a .36 muzzle loading pistol, came back as a .36cal muzzleloading rifle.....sigh ?
Not a big issue, as I’ll probably change the calibre anyway ?
So .36 or .44 is in my future. Did see a .30 Greathead underhammer, but having trouble finding a mould for it. I wonder if that’s why it’s being sold lol.

Oh pm’d you FBoulton, not sure if you have noticed it ?
Interesting! I don't have any private messages!
My Email is: fredboulton12@gamail.com
Fred
(07-12-2018, 10:13 AM)MFBoulton Wrote: Interesting! I don't have any private messages!
My Email is: fredboulton12@gamail.com
Fred
Odd, I didn’t see a pm from another member, anyway emailed you as well now ?
It looks like I typed an error in my E mail address---It should be: fredboulton12@gmail.com
Sorry, Fred