This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information (if you are registered), and your last visit (if you are not registered). Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

Once set, you will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Artillery Cannon Wheels Wanted.
Hi All
I have had a Ardesa 'Old Ironsides' Ships Cannon for about 3 months now and have had plenty of fun with it.  I would like to shoot it in Artillery Competitions but need to change the carriage.  I can source all the bits I need to make the carriage but can't find suitable wheels and don't fancy the time involved making a set.  Does anyone know of a source of Artillery style spoked wheels, preferably cast steel/aluminium and approx 200mm diameter?  All replies answered.  Cheers!
Hello John,
Dixie Gunworks have pairs of 7" cast aluminium artillery wheels for $37-95,just got to ship them and pay some duty !!!
Quote:Hello John,
Dixie Gunworks have pairs of 7" cast aluminium artillery wheels for $37-95,just got to ship them and pay some duty !!!

Took your advice and ordered a set from the US.  They arrived today along with a couple of other small items.  Upside is I didn't get clobbered for duty!  The wheels are 'good' but will need some cleaning up.  The downside is that the axle holes are bored well off-centre and will need some careful 'fettling' to get them concentric.  All-in-all they seem sturdy enough to cope with a .69 cal barrel and a beefed-up artillery carriage.  I will take a couple of pictures and post them over the week-end.