This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information (if you are registered), and your last visit (if you are not registered). Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

Once set, you will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
project bess
Hi, I'm nearing the end of a long hard fought campaign to restore an original India Pat. Bess to full working order. I have SG and BP Licenses. The barrel has survived its proof test. :o I have also joined the Mlagb and gathered together the necessary gubbins for live firing .Wedgenock is within range(no pun intended) and i have a car. What is my next step please? I should add that i do have previous experience of 7.62 SLR .50 Browning and 120mm (Chieftain tank) from a previous life, but not very much muzzle loading. Thanks,  Tomo Memb. 5222
Have you made contact with your local MLAGB Branch? The list on this web site should help you identify which would be appropriate and an email to the Membership Office will establish contact details. You should then be able to get local guidance on shooting your Bess. Good to hear that an original has been brought back to shooting order.

Try also contacting the MLAGB Rifle Secretary, Allan Whiffin. He has a lot of experience shooting flintlock muskets and should be able to give you some sound advice.

David
Research Press - www.researchpress.co.ukwww.facebook.com/ResearchPress
Firearms, long range target shooting and associated history
Thanks, i'll get on to it. Tomo